Sloth

Sloths are extremely slow-moving mammals found in the rainforest canopies of Central and South America. There are two species of sloths:two-toed and three-toed. Most sloths are about the size of a small dog and they have short, flat flat heads. Their hair is grayish brown but, at times they look grey-green in color because they move so slowly that tiny camouflaging algae grow all over their coats.

Sloths are nocturnal and sleep curled up with their head placed between the arms and the feet drawn close together. This disguises them as part of a tree so that its enemies like the jaguar do not see them. Sloths rarely climb down from the trees and can live for up to 30 years.

Ugly Animals - Sloth








6 comments:

chessedoodle said...

I think its kinda cute! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi !
I absolutely don't agree with you, I think that sloths are one of the cuttest and more beautiful animals in the world !
Sincerly yours,
Yale

Anonymous said...

SLOTH'S ARE BEAUTIFUL!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting this! I always get so much flack for saying that sloths are ugly! I feel vindicated! Have you ever seen a sloth moving on the ground? It's positively creepy!

Anonymous said...

oh come on these animals are beautiful. I hope to sometime see one in the wild. They come up in wild and endangered animals all the time. Awesome creatures I think they are quite timid as well.

thanks Don

Rabbit Images said...

The sloth always fascinated me because I wonder why they are called as such. Kind of reminds me of Snorlax from Pokemon.

Post a Comment